www.ckcareersonline.org.uk - click to see careers and job
trends information, vacancies, advice for students, parents/carers,
teachers/advisers, adults and employers. Includes leaflets, booklets,
videos, case studies and more.
Careers at ... Park Lane Academy
C&K Careers works with Park Lane Academy to provide students, from Year 7 to Year 11, with independent careers information, advice and guidance (link to http://ckcareersonline.org.uk/get-in-touch/what-is-iag), helping you, when you need it, to make important decisions and choices about your future plans. Our adviser, Leanne Owen, has a qualification in careers guidance and experience working with students from a variety of backgrounds.
Your Park Lane Academy careers team:
Suzanne.Dutton– Careers Adviser, C&K Careers
To contact your Careers Adviser:
Visit the careers office on a Tuesday/ Thursday
In The Library
Phone them in school on 01422 362215, at C&K Careers on 01484 225500
Safeguarding Lead : Mr S Wakefield
Your careers adviser supports you by:
- providing information, advice and guidance on careers, college, sixth form, apprenticeships and university
- offering one-to-one appointments, group sessions and the opportunity to drop-in on Tuesday and Thursday break and lunch time to ask questions, pick up information and discuss your plans
- attending parents evenings and a number of other school events to meet with you, your parents and carers
- providing the latest school and college destinations (link to http://ckcareersonline.org.uk/professionals/year-11-destination-reports ) information of students that left Park Lane Learning Trust last year.
Our C&K Careers adviser can help whatever Year you're in ...
Key stage 3 – Year 7 to Year 9 support:
All Park Lane students can see the school’s careers adviser for help and support. The careers office is on the ground floor in between the staff workroom and the year 11 Common Room. You can drop-in at break or lunch time to ask questions or book an appointment.
Year 8/9 students also get a copy of Directions - information from C&K Careers on KS4 GCSE option choices, a booklet with information and guidance on all your options.
KS3 targeted support:
The Careers Adviser will work with year group leaders, teaching and support staff to identify students who may benefit from additional support and guidance. This has included working with students who are underachieving.
Key stage 4 – Year 10 and Year 11 support:
Support is given to Year 10/11 students to help them to plan for life after Park Lane. Your Careers Adviser helps to ensure that you are aware of your post 16 options and will support you to put together a career plan. All students will be seen for a careers appointment by the end of Year 11.
Interview requests are welcome, please call in to see your careers adviser if you would like an early appointment or would benefit from a second interview. You can also come to the Careers drop in on Tuesday/ Thursday break times.
You said ... We did ...
Your C&K Careers Adviser regularly asks students what they think of our services and what kind of service they want from us. Some examples of what you said and what we did are:
- Students wanted to choose what type of help they get in Y11
- We now offer appointments for students at break and after school; we also provide the option of an interview with parents/carers.
- Students wanted the opportunity for their parents/ carers to have access to information/ advice about careers.
- Your Careers Adviser is now available at parent’s evenings to speak to parents/carers. Parents of Year 11 students are invited to the Get Organised Event at the Shay Stadium to find out about all of the post 16 options available. Publications providing information about careers/ options are provided for parents of students in year 11 and those making GCSE choices.
Quality Standard, Awarded for Careers
Park Lane Academy has been successfully audited against the C&K Careers Standard, which is nationally validated by the Quality in Careers Standard.
This award is proof that the careers, education, information and advice (CEIAG) offered to students at Park Lane Learning Trust meets the standard set by the Government in its revised statutory guidance requirements, which recommends all schools/colleges work towards a quality award. To achieve the Award, the school/college has:
- had its CEIAG provision audited against local and national standards
- agreed to develop and improve the CEIAG on offer
- demonstrated that CEIAG is an important part of the education and support students receive